sábado, 11 de agosto de 2007

Building libbanshee with MonoDevelop

Today I checked out Banshee and made a MonoDevelop C Project for libbanshee using CBinding these are the current requirements to do this:
  • You must have a recent MonoDevelop svn checkout (There are breaking changes that did not make it into MD 0.15, specifically an updated addin extension tree) so the checkout needs to be quite recent.
  • The banshee source which comes with an MD solution, I checked out todays svn, I'm not sure if the packaged tarball includes this.
  • Download this file: http://groups.google.com/group/mono-soc-2007/web/libbanshee.tar.gz
In the tar file you will find the following files:
  • CBinding.dll: This is the C/C++ AddIn I have been working on, all you have to do is copy it to (assumming you use make run to run your svn MD) {MD_ROOT}/build/AddIns/BackendBindings. Alternatively you can follow these instructions if you want to keep up with CBinding development from svn: http://mdmagsoc.blogspot.com/2007/07/testing-out-current-work.html.
  • libbanshee.mdp: This is the MonoDevelop project for libbanshee, just copy it to {BANSHEE_ROOT}/libbanshee
  • libbanshee.diff (optional): This is a patch that adds libbanshee.mdp to the banshee MD solution.
And thats it, this should work, but I don't guarantee anything. Please let me know if anything went wrong when you did this.

It should be noted that I'm not at all familiar with the banshee build process, so I just made the output of libbanshee go to the build folder in the banshee root folder, I'm not sure if this is correct behavior.

No hay comentarios: