viernes, 13 de julio de 2007

Seventh Status Report

* This weeks accomplishments:
Finally got the class pad to get built in a separate thread, I'm not entirely satisfied with the implementation, but it will do for now.
Implemented support for precompiled headers in gcc and g++.
Implemented dragging and dropping of packages.
Implemented a very simple FormattingStrategy, but I think I will have to redo it so it will be much more robust.
Cleaned up the code a bit, fixed several bugs and did some small optimizations.

* Plans for next week:
I'm going to start by remaking the FormattingStrategy, there seems to be two ways to do this, subclassing and registering a Formatter which is what I did now, or subclassing and registering a TextEditorExtension, which I think is what the C# binding does. The first option (what I'm doing now) seems to be a bit restrictive, I couldn't work very well with it because it's behavior seems to be a bit strange, for example when typing a '}' I wanted to remove a '\t' from the beginning of that line, but it seems the method got called twice so I would end up removing two tabs (or getting an index out of bounds exception if there was only one tab. So I'm going to look more into this and see if I can figure it out or try the second method.

Also next week I'd like to implement dependency tracking.

* Interesting documents I used:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Precompiled-Headers.html

No hay comentarios: